Thursday, September 13, 2012

Man with van inspired by Paralympic and Olympic endeavours



The Olympics is over, the Paralympics is almost over, and I've loved every minute of it all. My van has been decked out in union jacks and my house has had the Olympic bunting up outside it since the Olympic flame was first lit in July.
Now I don't want to use a poorly placed pun here, but I will soon have the marathon task of finding a new cheap van insurance quote, however I'm certain the pain will be taken out of the job by the iVan search engine.
And talking of pain, the endeavours of Team GB have shown me that nothing is impossible.
Last night I watched a girl with cerebral palsy, who could not control her movements, make a horse walk in a series of twists and turns (known as test) with almost perfect accuracy. This young woman also has an MA in Pure Mathematics and her courage and tenacity really inspired me.
I gave up sport a long time ago (although I still do a lot of armchair sports supporting) but the whole Paralympic thing has made me think I should get off my behind and really try hard at something. The Paralympians really put most of us to shame and their joy and determination at participating in this global event have really been truly awe inspiring.
So, I'm going to go and get into my van, maybe fix another Union Jack to the window and go and find something useful to do. Maybe I'll take up volunteering at my local athletics club, or offer my services at the local riding stables. I dare say they might be able to use a man with a van every now and then.
Image © Suran2007 via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home